"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne

"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne
"Medical Monroe Pose Fighting Hot Flashes"

Friday, June 3, 2011

"The Ballgame"

I'd love to share a story about my dear friend, Bonnie. We have been friends (more like sisters) for 25+ years, she has a wonderful daughter and a terrific son. Her son is Forrest. One day, Bonnie was in the stands during his baseball game when he slammed that ball. She jumped up from the stands and yelled, "RUN FORREST, RUN!" and the lady behind her scolded her severely by saying "That is SO MEAN! THAT is SOMEONE'S CHILD OUT THERE!" Bonnie turned to her and said....."he's MY SON and his NAME IS FORREST!"

Today, I am unable to find "Ms Gladys" because my dear friend Bonnie experienced a cerebral aneurysm this week and her address has been changed to Heaven. Bonnie was the most wonderful and caring RN, RVT that I have ever known. I would consult with her about a patient that needed to be seen and I have seen her put her purse back down, keys on her desk and take care of that patient before leaving on a Friday afternoon at 5:00 for her upcoming week of vacation. AND, she did it with a SMILE! THAT, my friends, is a special person filled with compassion for others.

I will use this time to reflect on how I may be a better person, making a difference in the lives of others just as Bonnie has always made in mine. Bonnie loved "Ms Gladys" ~ she loved humor and found it also to be healing. She loved kayaking, in fact, her kayak is on my pier ready for her next trip. She loved her "pink scooter" that she purchased when gas was so high 2 years ago.....and then she RAN OUT OF GAS WHILE DRIVING IT! She loved snow skiing, she loved LIFE and LIVING IT! She had her faith, her family, her friends and her fun! That girl loved to have fun. She said to me, "I want to live it up 'til the lights go out"

"Bonnie, this one's for you! Your bucket was filled and YOUR LIGHT IS ON" Always ~

Denise Price Thomas
denisepricethomas@gmail.com
704-747-8699

No comments:

Post a Comment