"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne

"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne
"Medical Monroe Pose Fighting Hot Flashes"

Friday, May 7, 2010

New Rx ~

"Gladys Friday" ~ getting the vitals on a patient for her follow up a month after receiving a new medication.........

Gladys ~ "So tell me, how have you been doing?"

Patient ~ "Oh, I feel better than I have EVER felt before in MY LIFE! I am happy, I smile all the time, I never get angry anymore, I don't feel sorry for myself anymore, I JUST FEEL TERRIFIC!"

Gladys ~ "That's great news! Your blood pressure is perfect, it's 120/80"

Patient ~ "I just cannot get over how confident I feel, everything is just going so well for me"

Gladys ~ "That's good....now, let's check your weight"

Patient ~ "Oh, I can tell you.....I weigh 125 pounds" (big smile here)

Gladys with her eyebrows giving a clue says ~ "Well, the doctor wants me to do my job so let's see......" (Gladys notes the reading as 160 lbs without saying a word) "OK, now let's check your height"

Patient ~ "Well, I'm 5 feet and 7 inches tall" (she said with her confident smile)

Gladys after getting her height says ~ "OK, now just have a seat and the doctor will be right in"
(Gladys recorded her "measured" height as 4 feet, 9 inches)

Physician enters the room & says ~ "I'm so glad things are going well with the new medication....now we are going to need to get you on a diet to get that weight under control. With your actual weight being 160 pounds and your height of 4' 9", that's overweight and very unhealthy."

Patient ~ "I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! YOU'VE FINALLY FOUND THE RIGHT MEDICATION FOR ME, I'M FEELING GREAT, BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE AND LOOK WHAT THAT ANTI-DEPRESSANT HAS DONE TO MY BODY!!! ~ I AIN'T NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN SUCH A THANG AS THIS!"

"Laughter is like a medicine"
It's also FAT FREE, good for your soul and it's very contagious ~ help yourself to a large dose today!" ~ 'cause I'm "Gladys Friday" ~ aren't you?
aka Denise Price Thomas







No comments:

Post a Comment