"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne

"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne
"Medical Monroe Pose Fighting Hot Flashes"

Friday, May 21, 2010

"Return to Sender"


A lady went to her gynecologist for her annual exam. She had been shopping earlier in the day and felt the need to "freshen up" a bit. So, once she arrived at the doctor's office, she visited the ladies room to do just that, using her handkerchief that she had in her purse.

Once in the exam room, the physician and nurse walked in, talked for a brief moment and began the exam. The doctor covered his mouth and QUICKLY LEFT THE ROOM. The nurse wasn't sure why, she thought he may have had to sneeze (???)......so she and the patient made small talk for a few minutes as they waited....and waited...

There was a knock on the door and a voice said to the nurse, "we need you out here!" Once in the hallway, the doctor explained. "I cannot do the exam, there is a STICKER with HER RETURN ADDRESS in the way!"

The song "Return to Sender" will never sound the same again......

I'm "Gladys Friday" today, aren't you?


The following letter was received this week addressed to "Gladys Friday" ~

Dear "Gladys"
"Thanks so much for the laughs at the Relay for Life Survivor's Dinner last week. I was hesitant about attending, I am going through so many emotions right now. However, your performance was just what I needed. I thank God for laughter everyday, although I don't get nearly as many opportunities at one time as I did last week. It was truly uplifting. Thank you again for the opportunity to lift my spirits through laughter. You truly have a gift! God Bless".

This letter was very humbling to "Gladys" and to Denise. Thank YOU so much! It is so rewarding to see the pain and suffering disappear from faces & minds, replaced by laughter.
I am thankful to see this through my heart & eyes. I am grateful.

We do know that "Laughter Is Like A Medicine"

No comments:

Post a Comment