"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne

"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne
"Medical Monroe Pose Fighting Hot Flashes"

Friday, May 13, 2011

Learning to "Rest A Spell" for our HEALTH

Remember my "attempt" to learn Tai Chi? Well, I'm determined to learn (to relax). So, during the class, our instructor said to pretend that we are protecting "sparrow eggs" in our hands. I looked down at my poor clinched fists (looking as if I were about to punch someone out) and was a bit embarrassed that I was CRUSHING the make believe eggs. With the peaceful surrounding of the quiet nature and learning more relaxation techniques, again she reminded us of those make believe "sparrow eggs" that were now under our arms. WELL, I could almost FEEL THE YOKE running down my arms. It's safe to say that bird eggs are NOT safe around me....not yet anyway. Learning to relax is a challenge....but I promise to keep trying. FYI: I must be held accountable to this promise.

So, I decided to schedule a day at the spa ~ "The Sanctuary". The call went like this: I'd like to schedule for The Sanctuary next week please. Do you already KNOW which date you would be needing it? Yes mam, I would like to arrive on Tuesday if that's available. OH...OK, what did you have in mind? Well, I'd like a nice quiet room, something with an outdoor surrounding, lots of light and very quiet music. UH...OK, do you know how many people will be attending? Oh no, it's just for me, I'll be coming alone. I want the room all by myself and I'd like to be there a couple days before having to return to my busy life. There was a long silence......and then the lady said, "Are you sure you have called the right number? This is The Sanctuary Funeral Home

You see why "RELAXING" is so much trouble for me? I'm telling ya, humor just follows me everywhere. Just ask the attendees at the American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM) Conference in Asheville. Denise was the Keynote Speaker and then "Gladys" entertained them....and WHAT AN EVENING IT WAS! It was President John Cook's birthday....so "Gladys" sang "Happy Birthday Mr. President" to him personally (in front of everyone else) Terrific network of leaders! (Happy Birthday song by Gladys Friday on youtube - feel FREE to forward to your friends for their birthday ~ with some funny love from "Gladys")

Thanks so much for sending those emails to me. It's GREAT to have your positive feedback. Keep 'em coming....they help me relax!

"Gladys" is on her way to entertain for SURVIVORS @ Relay for Life ~ Stowe Park ~ Belmont, NC. See ya there.

denisepricethomas@gmail.com
704-747-8699

No comments:

Post a Comment