"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne

"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne
"Medical Monroe Pose Fighting Hot Flashes"

Monday, November 8, 2010

True Story: Patient requested ~ Patient received

While speaking this week, a patient shared her story with me: She was having trouble going to the potty so she requested suppositories from her physician. Her problems continued so she returned to her doctor. "I've been using those suppositories that you gave me but I'm not having any luck." He said, "I didn't give you any suppositories." She said, "Yes sir, remember my last visit I told you of my trouble & asked you for suppositories?" He said, "yes, but I gave you STOOL SOFTENERS, did you USE them as suppositories?" he asked. She replied, "yes sir I did, AND I gave some to my SISTER!"

It's all about communication. She asked for suppositories. He gave her SOMETHING and she ASSUMED they were suppositories. Remember to say it "two times" for the "two ears" that are listening.....or should be.

Last week was inspiring & energizing! Denise was privileged to be the speaker for The NC Community College Business Officials Conference ~ Atlantic Beach, NC. Great audience, lots of energy, "moocho" fun, terrific DJ & dancing too. Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I've heard from many of you since the conference, thanks so much for keeping in touch.

Then it was on to Surfside Beach, SC to Grand Strand Community Church where I was the speaker(s) for Women's Retreat Weekend ~ Presenting: "Dinner with Modern Day Martha" followed by a visit from "Gladys Friday" delivering large doses of humor.

On Sunday morning, I was privileged to introduce to Grand Strand Community Church ~ "Diane Hart" ~ (the dying heart of a homeless woman) through a musical drama followed by a message on "Choices." Many people have struggles. They may not all come to us dressed as a homeless person but they have problems. Let's remember to keep our hearts wide open, our ears tuned in and our eyes as windows for genuine concern for others. Let's share the JOY, it isn't rationed.

What an experience we had the entire week. From Atlantic Beach, NC to Surfside Beach, SC....THANK YOU ALL ~ Also, thank you for the numerous contacts following my speaking engagements for The Joint Commission's Ambulatory Care Conference in Chicago. I look forward to participating. Thank you so much for the invitations!

What the audience said:
"Powerful!"
"Wonderful speaker!"
"Touched my heart"
"Inspiring"
"Contagious"
"Life changing"
"Motivating!"
and more.....thank you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment