"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne

"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne
"Medical Monroe Pose Fighting Hot Flashes"

Friday, January 18, 2013

"Before she died"

Welcome "Friday" Friends!  

"Gladys Friday" visited a dear friend recently and during the conversation, I couldn't help but wonder........(please insert SOUTHERN DRAWL here, slow it down and add a dip of snuff if you'd like)

"Gladys, you member Estelle don't ye?  Well, she wuz my Momma an nems neighbor fir yeeers.   They used to sit on the front porch and dip snuff together, theyz real close.  Well anyhow, before she died she'd call me up and ask me to take her down thur to the laundry mat to warsh her clothes.  So, I'd carry her down thar.  Em yunguns didn't come round er and help er out one bit til theyz a needin' someum.  Then theyz a callin her all the time.  I remember one day she had me to carry her over ta post office to mail em yunguns a check, course that was for she died.   Lord have mercy when I'd take her sommers like at and we'd git back, she'd make us some biskits and coffee and them wuz sum of the bestest I'd ever eat in my life....course that was before she died.  I shore do miss Estelle.  You eat her biskits for she died, ain't ye Gladys?  Can you make em biskits?  I shore am hungry!  I miss at Estelle"  

During the conversation, "before she died" just hit me!  Think about it.....how many times do you think she's called SINCE she died?   Hopefully she isn't needing clean laundry, or needing to mail a check.....but now them biskits!    Mmmmm ~ I shore do miss Estelle!  

Isn't it fun to think about what we are saying and even funnier to think about what someone ELSE is saying?  I'm just sayin'



Call or email to schedule Denise Price Thomas or "Gladys Friday" for your event:  
704-747-8699 or denisepricethomas@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment