"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne

"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne
"Medical Monroe Pose Fighting Hot Flashes"

Friday, July 6, 2012

HOME


Dedicated to my Mother ~ Happy 90th Birthday today! 

                       ~ Home ~

She looks at me with her soft blue eyes
It seems as if she is asking me why

I'm unsure of the place in her mind she is in
She's uncertain of how her day has been

Wherever she is, I pretend to be there
So I play right along and she knows I care

She smiles with grandchildren and the great grands
She thinks everything’s “new” over and over again

Like a wave in the ocean, fading out to the sea
Sometimes coming closer, sometimes farther from me

The Mother that held me tightly in her arms
Today I must protect her from all harm

I watch her as she walks back into her room
Making sure she gets there, I cannot assume

I know I will miss her when He takes her home some day
But thankful for the opportunity that I was given to say

"Thank you Mother for yours and Daddy's love
And for making sure I knew about Our Father up above"

The greatest gifts that parents can possibly give
Are to teach and to show their children the Christian way to live

I am so blessed to have the years that I've had
"I sure picked the bestest!" I would always say to Dad

She's packing up her things again, she's going back home
It's HER Mother she wants, so she begins to roam

The home she is longing for is that heavenly one
To be with her loved ones, God, The Father & The Son

In honor of Louise N. Price ~ My Mother who has dementia
Written by: Denise Price Thomas


I am so thankful for our loving family, friends and her many caregivers.  
These are very special people with a true compassion for others. 
God Bless You All.

Denise Price Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment