"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne

"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne
"Medical Monroe Pose Fighting Hot Flashes"

Friday, January 1, 2010

'Twas the very last day of 2000 and 9......

'Twas the very last day of 2000 and 9
I had vowed and declared I wouldn't whine

So as I prepared for my little bed
Many thoughts were running all through my head

I removed my teeth and placed them into the jar
Very thankful the night stand wasn't too far

Taking off my glasses, I could no longer see
Yet thankful for that cute little doc who sold them to me

For without my glasses everything is a blur
And without my teeth all my words slur

I opened the night cream to smear on my face
And sat it back down...trying to find space

Then there's the foot cream and white socks to wear
For cracked feet have taken me far, here and there

As I reached over for the arthritis rub
I realize it's all been used up by my old hub

And last but not least removing hearing aids
I realize that I really do have it made

When all of a sudden what do I hear?
The phone is ringing...my yunguns wish a Happy New Year!

So once again I'm glad the nightstand is near
'Cause I'm reloading it all so I can see, talk & hear ~

By Denise Price Thomas for "Gladys Friday"
January 1, 2010

"Happy New Year to all.....and to all a "GREAT CHEER!"



No comments:

Post a Comment