"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne

"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne
"Medical Monroe Pose Fighting Hot Flashes"

Friday, September 18, 2009

Almost out to lunch

I was working at my desk this week, trying to catch up on a lot of things. I needed some peace and quiet.....so I asked my assistant to place the DND (Do Not Disturb) sign on my door which I had pulled slightly closed.

Well, I began eating my lunch, catching up on my work when all of a sudden, I found myself choking on my sandwich.....I COULD NOT BREATHE! I leeped from the desk, flung open the door, began frantically waving my arms and everyone just kept walking down the hallway as if they didn't even see me. I couldn't yell, I couldn't speak, it was HORRIBLE! I threw myself over the back of my chair and after a couple minutes (that seemed like an eternity), I finally was able to catch my breath.

After doing so, I walked over to the staff, asked why no one would stop and try to help me......after all, we are IN healthCARE. They just looked at me and said, "because of the sign on your door......we thought it was a drill". It seems that my assistant had "accidentally" placed the DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) sign on my door.

It's just great to work in healthcare! Never a dull moment.

I'm always "Gladys Friday"... aren't you?

Gladys Friday will be speaking (along with Denise Price Thomas):
October 1 - Gaston Memorial Hospital - Breast Cancer Awareness Event
October 6 - New England Quality Health Alliance - Massachusetts
October 8 - Allergy Partners of the Piedmont - Asheville
October 17 - Gaston Women's Expo - The Gem - Gastonia, NC
and more.......
www.denisepricethomas.com


No comments:

Post a Comment