"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne

"Gladys Friday" ~ Healthcare Comedienne
"Medical Monroe Pose Fighting Hot Flashes"

Friday, October 2, 2009

"Brand New Mommy"

I enjoyed seeing so many Breast Cancer Survivors and friends last night at the "Breast Cancer Awareness Kick Off Event" on the lawn of Gaston Memorial Hospital. What a wonderful night! Thank you for allowing me to participate.

RX: One large dose of humor while healing ~ to be taken PRN

When I was a brand new Mommy, having my first beautiful baby girl.....I didn't know much about "Mommy~Hood" but couldn't wait to play with her, dress her up and show her off. The day after her delivery, while recovering in the "ward" along with 7 others, the "Sergeant Nurse" (BIG STRONG MILITARY voice) entered my room with a big needle. She said "roll over, I need to give you a shot!" (wonderful compassion-real early in the morning) Being the young Mommy that I was, I asked "What's the shot for?" and she said "it's to dry up your milk!" and I responded....."I haven't had anything at all to drink"......she rolled her eyes and with a big sigh, gave me the shot anyway.....along with that wonderful dose of compassion.


Denise Price Thomas & "Gladys Friday" are flying to Massachusetts tomorrow for "their" presentations for New England Quality Care Alliance. Nice that we can share one seat on the plane, one ticket for two speakers!

"They" will fly home, drive to Asheville, NC ~ same day ~ and present to the Allergy Partners of the Piedmont the following day.

"We" are looking forward to the events!

Denise Price Thomas aka Gladys Friday ~ Healthcare Comedienne
www.denisepricethomas.com









No comments:

Post a Comment